Sunday, June 16, 2013

First Drive

I've been neglecting the blog, so I figured I'd post up a couple vids from the last few months.  The car is back on the road and I've put over 4000 miles on it in just over a month.  I've been fixing minor issues and enjoying the spring weather.

 
After a 350 mile break-in on the engine, I made the decision the car was ready for a cross country adventure and I drove the car 1250 miles to a youtube car builder gathering in Daytona, Florida.  My wife just knew I was insane for even considering such a trip in a car that had barely proven it's roadworthyness.  Being the optimist that I am, I decided that I had enough skill and knowledge to fix anything that might go wrong with the 40 year old Volkswagen and threw caution to the wind...  Afterall, it wouldn't be an adventure if everything went right would it???
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.