Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Stripping and Cleaning

I continued to strip paint and I hate to say it, but I have quite a bit more to do. I sanded off the rest of the paint on the passenger door skin, hit the rear cowl, and finished off the left rear quarter. I still have a bit to remove on the right rear quarter, a big patch on the driver's door, the windshield frame, engine bay, engine seal channel, door tops, dash, under dash and some spots on the nose. I figure a week's worth of nights or a long weekend of grinding and I'll have the whole car stripped. Every time I turn around it seems like I find another chunk of hidden paint!

I am trying to avoid stripping the inner fenders, but I may wind up doing them anyway. Right now I am planning to just scuff, coat with epoxy and then raptor liner them.

I'll be at the race track this weekend, so I won't make any progress on the body, but I am planning to take a bunch of chrome parts with me so I can buff them up. I'll post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.