Monday, November 28, 2011

Body Back on the Frame

My dad, my uncle Gordy, my friend Damon and my wife's uncle Scott came over after the rain let up on Saturday to lift the body back onto the chassis. The operation went almost too smooth. 5 minutes of rolling the car out and about 30 seconds of heavy lifting and the car was re-married to it's frame. I prepped the frame by using seam sealer to stick the pan gasket into place and cutting holes in the gasket with a razor blade. The pan bolts will probably go in and come out half a dozen times while we shave down the bushings on the front and back ends of the car. Hopefully the doors will fit correctly and the world will be a happy place once again.



2 comments:

  1. Bravo! Awesome. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phillip. I've been slacking on blog updates. I need to copy links to my videos so you can watch the action. Lots of work happening lately. You can check all the progress videos out at www.youtube.com/gregmporter

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about the project.