Monday, July 21, 2008

Blasted Right Rear Wheel Well

I managed to get a bit of work done this weekend. I blasted the right rear wheel well. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There is a fair amount of patching to be done, but nothing outragous. Does anyone know what the 2 studs on the left of the indention are for? It looks like a flange for an exhaust, but I know it's not for that. On the other side it's slightly different.

I also received my engine bay today. I'll be blasting that soon and giving it a coat of sealer. I probably won't install it until I get the rocker sections taken care of.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg - did you ever find out what the bolts are for? I have been wondering this for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bolts are for a 'Z bar' for a swing axle. They stopped using those in 69 I believe and when to an independent rear suspension. They never changed the part in the wheel wells, even though the holes and bolts were no longer needed. I believe I put pics up of the bed liner I put into the wheel wells. You can see in those pics that I welded the holes closed and removed the bolts. You should check out my youtube channel. I have a couple hundred videos of the restoration. www.youtube.com/gregmporter

      Delete

Let me know what you think about the project.