Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Right Rear Quarter finish up

Got the last section of the right rear quarter welded up and finished out. Now everything on that corner of the car appears to be solid. I don't have photos, just a video posted up on youtube. I'll hopefully remember to start taking photos again.

I got inspired by this guy: and decided I needed to step up and fabricate the tool I need to fix the nose bead on the front of the car. I went to the local metal supplier and dug through his scrap bin. I found a couple round bars that looked about the right size and a couple pieces of solid bar stock to make tools from. The tool works great on scrap sheet metal pieces. I suspect it will work great on the car as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.