Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sandblasting Heat Exchanger

I finally found some time to try out the pointers Brian gave me on my sandblaster. I throttled down the media supply and let it rip on one of my heat exchangers. I also bought some high temp paint (500F) so I could paint the exchanger right after I blasted it.

I used black beauty slag from Reed Materials. It took about 1/2 a bag (50lbs) and about 1/2 an hour to get the part clean enough for paint.
Right and left heat exchangers before blasting

Left exchangers after media blasting

Left exchanger in high temp primer

Left exchanger in high temp Detroit Diesel Green Paint. Much better than the rusted out P.O.S. in the first pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.