Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cut out wheel well

I cut out a rotten section of the passenger side wheel well this evening. There are 3-4 layers of sheet metal that come together where the package shelf and the wheel well meet. Since some of the metal is for a Z-bar that I won't need with IRS, I won't be replacing that section. I may even remove or smooth it over so it looks correct. The factory pooped out the late models with this "extra" connection, so I guess they saved a few bucks by not replacing the die. It seems like some of the early cars did not have this connection, but I can't remember.

Cancer removed (hopefully)
This is a follow up pic. I completed the inner rocker welding over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.