Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting ready for some blasting

It looks like we are going to have some cool weather this weekend and since I am about 95% finished with the luggage compartment/front end of the car, it's time to media blast the area down to bare metal and seal it with epoxy.

I would prefer to do the blasting with the body off, but since my normal crew of car movers is out of town for an ironman race this weekend, it looks like it will have to be done with the body on.

I lifted the body up off the front beam with the engine hoist and put a couple sheets of visqueen over the running gear. Hopefully that will protect the paint and mechanicals. I also hung plastic up on the windshield and below the dash. I know it won't catch 100% of the slag, but it will catch a lion's share of the mess. Hopefully my pressure blaster will cooperate and give me a couple good hours of blasting.

Car sheeted up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.