Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More work on DS inner fender

I am almost finished patching up the driver's side inner fender. The rust is surrounding the area where the mud plate seal sits. It has been a bear of a patch (please don't judge my welding skills here.) I can barely fit my head inside the wheel opening with my welding hood on and I've had a helluva time getting my hands, arms and the torch in there as well. To make matters even more, fun, I have a 1000 watt halogen light that sits on my lap so I can see what I am doing. About every 30 seconds I have to move it so my legs don't catch fire. The grinding has been just as much fun. I have a bit more cleanup to do, but since the inner fender will get rhino lined or something similar, I am not metal working it to 100%.

The next section I'll be addressing are the front bumper mounts. Looks like I am going to have to build them from scratch... They are REALLY bad.
First patch in, but there is a hole to the upper right of the patch

Repair area removed

Patch tacked in after about 3 hours of messing around

Patch ground down




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.