Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tulip chairs and TDF take over ghia project

I have made just a little progress in the last week. I have been working on the same patch on the inner fender just behind the dash for quite awhile now. I keep hitting more rot and welding up growing holes. I think I have put about 5lbs of welding wire into this one patch... I am an avid cyclist and this is tour de france month. I have spent a lot of my "ghia time" watching guys in tight pants ride their bikes. They are off tomorrow, so I'll probably make some progress.

In the mean time, I had a couple old tulip chairs blasted and powder coated ($55 each). I thought they would look like doylies (spelling?) after the blasting, but they came out really nice. They belonged to my wife's great grandfather, so it was totally worth it to have them looking new again. I installed all new stainless hardware, so they should look like this 60 years from now.
before
after

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.