Saturday, October 23, 2010

Time for a fake drive

It's been a long week of work and I deviated from the plan a little bit today. I painted up the "new" bumper brackets, bracket tubes, inner quarter patches, door edges and door insides so I while the paint was drying I had an hour or so to do some items that were not on the "do before epoxy primer" list. This last week (in between checking off items), I've been hitting the drivers seat frame with PB blaster to loosen up the controls so I could install the seat and sit in my car for the first time in 15 years. Well, in my little bit of extra time, I set the the seat in place, dug out the steering wheel and column and set up to take a picture of a full grown man in a little vintage VW!!! Hopefully I can finish up the restoration and drive it for real before I loose the rest of my hair!

I'll have more progress pics tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.