Sunday, June 14, 2009

More on the Trunk Lip

I finished up the welding on the first section of the lip and fired up the second patch for the lip. The more I looked at it, the more I realized I have a lot of work to do to get the trunk lip wrapped up. I guess it's like eating an elephant, I'll just take one bite at a time.
Finish welding on the first section
View from the outside of the fender toward the lip
Lip cut to size and ground off
Interior ground down
Arrows indicate welds that need to be cut off and replaced (11)
Arrows on the other side (17)
Here is my high dollar sheet metal break
Second section cut out and ready for replacement. Part of the channel was rotten too. It was right above the mud plate.
Channel piece welded in
Channel piece cut off and ground down
Interior welded up
View from the fender
Everything cut and ground off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.