Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trunk Lip Complete!!!

Had two more spots to complete on the trunk lip. I did the work in two sessions, about an hour when I got home from work. I got the spots ground out, then my dad and his wife's grand daughters came over to see the progress on the Ghia. They spent about half an hour and I got both spots welded up. My wife then reminded me that Thursday was our night to go out and eat, so we headed off to eat for a couple hours. When I got back I spent about 15 minutes grinding and cutting the pieces down.

It was nice to step back and crack a beer and admire the work. Too bad no one will ever see this after I put the weather strip for the trunk lid on... I guess I'll know that it's right!

The three sections complete on the passenger side
Whole trunk lip complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.