Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Patching Hole on inner fender

I continued pushing forward patching up rust holes on the ghia. This hole is on the driver's side near the spare tire area. I have removed the fresh air duct from the other side of this metal. If you have seen the concept rendering I did, you'll remember that I am closing off the nostrils, http://1974kg.blogspot.com/2008/07/color-concept.html so the ducts will not be replaced. You can also see in the first pic that I have a fair amount of work to do where the inner fender attaches to the nose. I am not looking forward to that job.

Here is the hole
Hole with patch made and marked out for cutting

patch welded in and ready for grinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the project.