I started work on fabbing the filler pieces for the fresh air vents. I first made a template of the curve of the Karmann Ghia nose on thick cardstock. Then I cut a 7"x16" blank out of my sheet stock. I worked it on the english wheel until the contour of the panel matched the contour of the template. In hind sight I should have cut my blank longer and made both left and right sides at the same time. I then transferred the lines from the hole in the nose to the metal and trimmed it out.
I also fabbed up a patch to fill in the section of the inner fender where it meets the fresh air intake. Hopefully I will have some time tomorrow night to start welding these pieces into the car.